Wednesday, April 7, 2010

BERNINA and VIKING/HUSQVARNA Universal Foot Attachments!



I am posting this because it is information that I wish I could have found on the internet!  And, it's something that took me over an hour in a store to find out.

I bought a $20 some odd dollar ruffler foot to attach to either a BERNINA machine or a VIKING/HUSQVARNA machine, they have two kinds available... either a slant shank foot attachment or a low shank foot attachment.  Although every single tutorial I saw said that you should be able to use the attachment on a VINKING/HUSQVARNA, I infact could not.  I believe that I bought the slant skank first and then when it didn't work for either machine I went and bought the low shank one.  I couldn't get either to work on the VIKING/HUSQVARNA at all.  Don't know why... nothing lined up appropiately despite all of the tutorials I had seen that stated otherwise!

I had given up and packed up the low shank ruffler foot attachment to take back to the store.  But my first stop was the BERNINA store to see what they had in a form of a ruffler foot.  They didn't... apparently everyone else wants one too!  They were on back order with no date in sight as to when the store would actually be receiving them.  And, in fact, I was the 3rd person that day (it was only 10am!) to come into the store looking for one.  Looks like I was a bit slow huh?  So, I get there and the lady at the store was soooo nice!  She showed me many numerous ways to create ruffles without a ruffler foot... so many ways... but I wouldn't be able to repeat any of those!  Or tell you them!  Sorry, I didn't retain any of that info, because it simply was not what I was looking for!  So, I was about to have her put my name on the contact list for the ruffler foot... oh yea, did I mention that it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $110?  Yea... insane!  It would be cheaper for me to go and buy just a cheap machine with the cheap ruffler foot I had bought and only use it for that than to buy one that I would have to take on and off all the time... blah blah blah... until I told the nice lady at the BERNINA store that I had already bought a Universal (that's the word I was looking for... not generic) Ruffler Foot but it was for a low shank machine and I couldn't get it to work... AHA!!  The reason that it wouldn't work is because BERNINA's are HIGH shank machines... however they do make low shank attachments that you can purchase for $13.82.  Yea... Um... can I get one of those please?  I brought it home... put it on and installed the ruffler foot all in about oh... 5 minutes... We won't talk about the hours and hours I had spent on the two machines combined trying to get one to work... but anyhoo... that is what you need.  A low shank universal foot and a low shank attachment if you have a BERNINA!  Good luck to you!  And if you need anymore information feel free to post/ask I check this thing... alot.

1 comment:

  1. do you know if all bernina feet are universal to bernina machines? I mean will all Bernina feet work on all Bernina machines? Thanks....

    ReplyDelete