Friday, April 9, 2010

Argyle Onesies Anyone?

 
 
 
 

So, this onesie as well as two others I worked on tirelessly yesterday! But, I like em!

This argyle onesie with the green was just a cotton fabric that I found at Hancocks a month or so ago and loved! I basically cut a large diamond out of it (super easy because the pattern was already on the fabric) (I actually used that fabric to make my other template!) and then like one set of the pattern in I made a fake machine embroidery satin stitch. I mean, it's not fake persay, I did do it on the machine but I did not attach it to the onesie that way! Then a little closer to the edge after heat n' bonding that argyle piece to the onesie where I wanted it I just sewed in the same green thread around it to attach it leaving about 1/5 of an inch on the fabric raw. My hopes is that after this onesie is washed the fabric will fray up a bit and give it a roughened up look to it :) I then took coordinating green embroidery floss and hand embroidered using a back stitch two other argyle pieces to complete the look :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment