Thursday, February 4, 2010

How Quickly Time Flies!!



So, as I spend my days playing with my daughter and using her as my muse and also entertaining my adorable but sometimes repetitive niece I am trying to find my niche in the handmade world of baby clothes. This seems to me to be an easy task. I always receive compliments on my creations. I love simple things that turn ordinary boring onesies into conversation pieces. And, my goal is to bring those to the general public for a nominal price. But I am having to learn how to market myself. And, with no formal experience to speak of I am out there trying just about everything... except Twitter. I just don't understand Twitter!

I have had some experience with sites such as eBay however this time around (I started making and selling my creations when I was on maternity leave with my daughter approximately a year ago, however I did not have the time to keep up with it and work full time and devote the time to Ella, so it kind of went by the wayside) I am casting my lot on a different site. Etsy. For anyone that does not know what Etsy is, neither did I. Turns out that Etsy is specifically a site for Handmade Creations, Vintage Goods and Crafting Supplies. And, an amazing site at that. I have never seen such adorable things. And, it's awesome to know that I can have a one of a kind that was not mass produced... but instead made specifically for me. It works the other way too... I love knowing that I can make custom creations specifically for my customers!

Which is why I am going to start blogging. I want my customers ideas to become my creations. I want to see your wants met with my creativity to see what comes out of it! I encourage you to check back frequently to see what all is new and where my customers requests have taken my journey thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment