Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not Bad... Not Great... Not Productive! YuDu part 2

Okay, I previously posted about all of these lovely products that I had purchased for my Yudu... basically different paints/inks, emulsion instead of capillary sheets... a different squeegee. I have finally received all of those products. I received the first set from one of the websites that I purchased within 2 days and then I finally had e-mailed the other website letting them know that I had not received even a confirmation of my order and I spent like $100 so I wanted to at least know that I didn't just send that money to joe schmoe somewhere on a beach. So, that afternoon I received an e-mail from them stating that they had shipped my order that day. I have received both of them, but I have just not had the time to start playing as I had wanted. I did burn my first 2 screens today. I first used the capillary film that comes with the Yudu... but I am slightly confused, because they did not send emulsion remover which is what you use to clean the screen, but they sent you enough stuff to make 2 screens... but if you can't clean the first one then how do you make the second? And, they only send you 1 transparancy. That didn't make sense to me either. I want whatever the person that came up with that system was on...

Anyhoo contrary to almost everything I had read about making the screens with the capillary film it wasn't that hard. I burned it right the first time... I think. I did like a practice print on an old tshirt I stole out of my lil' bros old room... Really cute... on the front of a gray shirt is has a ginormous gawdy Tommy Hilfiger logo and on the back it has Ella Joe Couture twice in pink. Sweet. Anyhoo... I had put my logo two different ways on the same screen figuring I could just tape over the one I didn't want to use right? So, after making sure that both came out looking good I went to clean the screen... oh... that is where the headache started. It was not fun. Not fun at all. I don't know what I was doing wrong or anything... but it sucked... so, I flipped the screen over and started trying to get the paint off on that side... well, then the emulsion just started coming off too. So... I had to burn another screen the exact same one mind you because I didn't get anything actually done that I wanted to get done! Ugh!! And, during this process I also went to make a video of what I was doing, and apparently only when I picture lots of people looking at or seeing my video (don't know why... no one reads my blog... blah ha ha!) I freaked out because everything was so dirty because well... I just have crafty crap everywhere... so... not so good!

Anyhoo... that's a bit of a run down on how my first experience with a yudu went. Not bad... not great... not productive.

4 comments:

  1. Have things gotten better with your yudu? I just ordered one and just found your blog specifically this post. (So I'm reading your blog tee hee) Please tell me things have gotten better with it and not to send it back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... I really thought that I would get these by e-mail... apparently not! UGH! I am so new to blogging! Things are good. It's just a really fun fun tool to have even if you don't use it all the time. How is it going for you? And, sorry it took me... um... just a little over a month and a half to respond... Sheesh what is my problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. To be completely honest....I haven't used it yet. I have to buy the emulsion remover first before I use it, and living in the middle of nowhere it isn't often that I am in a place where they have it. Luckily I read your post before this one and am trying to order the same things you did so that I can get my yudu going!!!!

    I love your onesies btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I appreciate it. Yes, I did find it slightly strange that they did not include emulsion remover in the Yudu kit. How are things going now?

    ReplyDelete